We’ve collected ideas on where you may find Texas native plants for sale that are suitable for Williamson County. (For suggestions on what to plant, see our Dig Deeper page, then Plant Lists Recommended for Williamson County.)
NPSOT-Wilco Plant Sales
- We host our own spring and fall native plant sales events locally in Williamson County. We announce the dates and details in News and on Facebook, and we place the dates on our website calendar.
- Contact our NPSOT-Wilco Plant Sale Leader using the form at Contact Us.
NPSOT-Wilco is proud to have been part of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center’s extensive semi-annual plant sales (spring and fall) from spring 2001 through their fall 2019 sale. While we no longer have a booth there, LBJWC is another source. See the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center website site for LBJWC sale announcements.
Although the following list has sources where chapter members have found native plants, NPSOT-Williamson County Chapter does not endorse businesses. Some of these nurseries may have plants which are well-adapted but not native to our area.
Businesses will respond to customer demand, and we should ensure that there is a demand for Texas native plants. We recommend asking for Texas native plants by species as well as common names.
In alphabetical order:
- Barton Springs Nursery (South Austin)
- Bloomers Garden Center (Elgin)
- Green ‘n Growing (Pflugerville)
- Hill Country Gardens (New Braunfels)
- Hill Country Water Gardens & Nursery (Cedar Park)
- Native American Seed (Junction) sells native plant seeds by mail order, and at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center Gift Store
- Natives of Texas (Kerrville)
- McIntire’s Garden Center (Georgetown)
- The Natural Gardener (South Austin)
- Red Barn Garden Center (Leander)
- Round Rock Gardens (Round Rock)
- Shoal Creek Nursery (Austin)
- Wrights Nursery Facebook page (Briggs) by appointment only 512-489-2239.
If you have suggestions for nursery websites to add to this page, let us know at Contact Us.