Our plant lists include:
- Native plants found during plant surveys conducted by NPSOT-Wilco
- Native plants recommended for Williamson County’s ecoregions
- Links to other area websites with plant lists
(For suggestions on where to purchase native plants, see our article about sources in Dig Deeper.)
NPSOT-Wilco Plant Surveys
Plant surveys assist public land owners as they make decisions based on flora diversity (or lack thereof). NPSOT-Wilco assists Williamson County communities by incorporating these requests into field trip planning.
- Berry Springs Park & Preserve Plant Survey
- Garey Park Plant Survey
- Gault Archeological Site Survey
- Hidden Springs Preserve Plant List
- River Ranch County Park Plant Survey
- Southwest Williamson County Regional Park Plant Survey
Native Plants Recommended for Williamson County
The sources below can help you choose native plants for your landscape and ecoregion. Williamson County has several ecoregions. For more info, see the discussion “What ecoregion is Williamson County in?” on our FAQ page in Dig Deeper.
- From NPSOT-Wilco PDF Downloads:
- From NPSOT’s Native Landscape Certification Program (NLCP):
- Download the Williamson County list found in NPSOT’s state-wide page Plant Lists by Region
- From the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center site:
In our collection of NPSOT-Wilco PDF Downloads under Dig Deeper, you can also find information on drought tolerance, rain gardens, deer resistance and more.
Other Plant Lists for Williamson County and Beyond
Links below access other sources that have plant lists for areas in Williamson County. If you know of a native plant list for an area in Williamson County that you would like to be considered for this section, please let us know at Contact Us.
- iNaturalist – Native Plants, Paloma Lake, Round Rock, TX
- Travis Audubon Society – bird & hummingbird-friendly lists (As with all plant lists, please verify that any non-natives included are not invasive before planting. You can determine if a plant is invasive by going to TexasInvasives.org.)